When one does weekly update videos, some are going to be amazing and some are going to be less-than-amazing. This is such a one. :-) With nothing really to show, we address a key fan question, the elephant in the room so to speak, of where is the magic in Archmage Rises?!
If you are interested, here is the list of outstanding tasks for Build 11. It is still at 27.
This week's progress:
- Everything was going along swimmingly until it wasn't. The new menu interactions worked until they didn't, and I spent hours and hours trying to fix it to no avail. Requires a rewrite. Crud.
- Added Cheer Up - to console NPCs grieving or miserable
- Added Deep Conversation - same as conversation, but with higher rewards and failure cost
- Added Local Info - NPC can tell the player about things, resources, places around the town
- Added Hug - friendly hugs boost wellbeing of both parties
- Added Borrow - when the relationship is high enough, the player can borrow money for a period of time at varying interest levels
- Added Teach Skill - if they like the player enough, they can teach their best skill to the player
- Unburden - if the player is feeling down, instead of seeking alcohol, you can share your problems with a good friend
- Added Receive Gift - Best friends will give the player valuable items
- Updated the Treasure Tables to create large items: weapons, books, and bacon